- Heavy cotton fabric, 1 yd. each: yellow print, solid yellow
- Bosal Katahdin Autumn Premium Quilt Batting
- Coordinating-color sewing thread
- Sewing machine
- Quilt pins
- Iron and ironing board
scissors, measuring tape or ruler
- Wash and dry fabric. Iron. Measure and cut 24-1/2” squares from yellow print, solid yellow, and quilt batting.
- For pocket, cut two 8”x11” yellow-print rectangles; cut off bottom corners diagonally. Turn top edge over 1/4” to inside; sew along edge using sewing machine. Turn edge over again; sew along edge. Repeat for other pocket. Position both pockets right sides together and sew along edges; turn right sides out. Pin pocket on yellow-print fabric square, 4-3/4” from one top corner at diagonal position. Sew pocket around all edges, leaving top open. Remove pins.
- For the two loops: cut two strips that measure 3-1/2” wide x 12” long from the yellow print fabric. Fold each strip in half, with right sides together; pin as needed. Stitch 1/4” in from the seam. Turn sewn strips right sides out, press with iron.
- For the strap, cut one strip out of the yellow print fabric that measures 3-1/2” wide x 21” long. Fold strip in half with right sides together; pin as needed. Stitch 1/4” in from the seam. Turn sewn strips right sides out, press with iron.
- Pin one loop on right side of yellow-print fabric square. Position end of each loop, 1” below point on corner, above pocket. Position and pin other loop on opposite corner.
- Position and pin end of strap on different corner, 1” below corner point. Leave other end of strap loose.
- Position solid-yellow fabric square on top of yellow-print square with right sides together. Position quilt batting square on top of solid-yellow square. Pin around edges. Sew 1/4” around edges, stitching over strap ends and over loops, leaving 6” opening for turning. Turn square right side out; press with iron.
- Sew opening closed. Iron.
- To use, position casserole dish on center of open carrier. Position one strap through one loop and then through other loop holding casserole dish within