Mosaic Sunflower Mirror
- Wooden framed mirror, 10" square
- Mosaic Mercantile Crafter's Cut Gem Tiles, 1/6 lb. each: Sparkle: Sepia, Sunglow; Shimmer: Citrine, Kelp
- Mosaic Mercantile Crafter's Cut Solid Color Family, 1/2 lb.: Grass Valley
- Black paint
- Mosaic Mercantile Basic Tile Nipper
- Mosaic Mercantile Adhesive
- Mosaic Mercantile Sanded Grout: Charcoal
- Grout spreading tool
- Grout sponge
- Wooden craft stick
paintbrush, latex gloves, safety glasses, newspaper, tape, paper towels, plastic or disposable bowl
- Cover work area with newspaper. Tape paper over mirror to protect it. Paint frame black. Let dry. Draw sunflower design on lower right-hand corner on frame. Mark center of flower and petals.
- Use craft stick to apply glue on Sepia tiles; press on flower center. Form tiles into arc shape, leaving 1/16" and 1/8" spaces between tiles for grout. Glue Citrine and Sunglow tiles on petals. Use tile nippers to break tiles into sizes needed. Glue Kelp tiles between Citrine and Sunglow petals and around flower edges. Glue Grass Valley tiles onto remaining areas of frame. Let set overnight.
- Follow manufacturer's instructions to mix Charcoal Grout and water in bowl. Use craft stick to mix until grout is of thick paste consistency. Use Grout Spreader Tool to scoop and spread grout over tiles, filling in gaps between tiles. Work grout into spaces until smooth and level with tile surfaces. Wait 10 minutes to harden slightly.
- Use damp sponge to gently wipe tiles, removing excess grout from all surfaces. Rinse sponge between cleaning tiles.
- Allow grout to set for 24 hours. Use craft stick to loosen any excess grout. Polish tiles with cloth. Remove paper from mirror.