Tool Belt Father's Day Card
- Cardstock or construction paper: yellow, green, orange, blue, red
- Silver paper fasteners, five
- Blue checked ribbon: 6” length, 17” length
- Hole punches: 1/8”, 1/2”
- Mini pinking shears
- Paper glue
scissors, ruler, pencil, black marker
- For tool belt, cut 3-1/2”x7-1/2” rectangle and 1”x9-1/2” rectangle from yellow paper. Use black marker to draw stitched lines around rectangles.
- For tool pockets, fold 9-1/2” strip in following manner: 1/2” up, 1/4” down, 1-1/4” down, 1/4” up, 1/2” up, 1/4” down, 1-1/4” down. Continue folding strip, creating four pockets and spaces between pockets and on sides of tool belt.
- Glue ends of 17” ribbon length on top edges of tool belt. Glue ends of pocket strip on belt, covering ribbon ends at sides.
- Punch 1/8” holes on center of 1/2” spaces on pocket; insert paper fasteners.
- Cut hammer, screw driver, wrench, and pliers from green, orange, blue, and red paper. Cut inside top edges of pliers with mini-pinking shears. Punch 1/2” circle in bottom of wrench handle.
- Use black marker to draw outlines on tools and circles shapes. Write special messages for Dad on tool handles.
- Punch 1/2” circle from green paper. Glue circle on center of pliers.
- Tie ribbon bow on one side of tool belt. Insert tools into pockets.
- 1. Mark fold lines on pocket strip before folding and placement lines for 1/2” spaces on pocket strip before gluing on belt.