Garden Bucket Windchime
- Metal bucket, 7”x8”
- Metal garden shovels, three
- DecoArt Americana Gloss Enamels: Baby Pink, Black, Bright Orange, Citron Green, Dark Chocolate, Foliage Green, Hauser Dk. Green, Hauser Med. Green, Honey Brown, Indian Turquoise, Lavender, Napa Red, Royal Fuchsia, Saffron Yellow, Slate Grey, True Blue, True Red, White
- Rope, 16” length
- Metal findings: 1/4” eye screw, two 1/4” fender washers, 2” “s” hook
- Black brake line, 6”
- Loew-Cornell La Corneille Paintbrushes: Series 7300 Shaders: #0, 4, 8, 12; Series 7040 Round Stroke: #2, 4; Series 7050C Script Liner 18/0
- DecoArt Enamel Medium
- Drill with 1/4” drill bit
masking tape, stylus, black graphite paper, tracing paper, cotton balls and rubbing alcohol
- 1. Use cotton ball and rubbing alcohol to wipe surfaces of bucket and shovels. Let dry. Print out patterns. Transfer basic pattern lines onto metal bucket and shovels.
- 1. For watering can, basecoat Bright Orange. Shade Honey Brown and highlight White or Saffron Yellow. Paint stripes Citron Green and Indian Turquoise. Using Round, paint daisy petals Slate Grey. Let dry. Paint White over Slate Grey. Add Slate Grey lines on each petal coming from the center and ending about 2/3 into each petal. Using Round, tap Saffron Yellow into daisy center, while still wet, tap in Dark Chocolate shading and White highlight. Paint leaf Hauser Medium Green, shade Hauser Dark Green, and highlight Citron Green. Using Liner, add Dark Chocolate lines around one side of each petal.
- 2. For daisies and leaves, using Round, paint daisy petals Slate Grey. Let dry. Paint White over Slate Grey. Using Round, tap Saffron Yellow into daisy center, while still wet, tap in Dark Chocolate shading and White highlight. Paint leaf Hauser Medium Green, shade Hauser Dark Green, and highlight Citron Green. Add Hauser Dark Green line in center of each leaf.
- 3. For soil, paint Dark Chocolate. Shade Black and highlight Honey Brown.
- 4. For garden shovel, paint handle Indian Turquoise, shade True Blue, and highlight White. Paint metal section Slate Grey, shade Black, and highlight White. Add Black line through center.
- 5. For flower pot, paint flower pot White, shade Slate Grey. Add Dark Chocolate soil and shade Black. Add three stripes of Indian Turquoise, Bright Orange, and Citron Green. Paint plant leaves Foliage Green. Add touches of Citron Green, Saffron Yellow, and Hauser Dark Green for highlights and shading.
- 6. For bee, using Round, tap on Saffron Yellow on entire body. While tacky, tap on Honey Brown for shading. Let dry. Tap on Black stripes. Let dry. Tap on White for highlighting. Using smallest flat brush, add White wings. Using straight pin, dip into Black and add eye.
- 1. For daisy shovel, using Round, paint daisy petals Slate Grey. Let dry. Paint White over Slate Grey. Using Round, tap Saffron Yellow onto daisy center, while still wet, tap in Dark Chocolate shading and White highlight. Paint leaf Hauser Medium Green, shade Hauser Dark Green, and highlight Citron Green. Paint band on handle Saffron Yellow. Add two vertical and two horizontal lines in Citron Green and Bright Orange.
- 2. For lily shovel, basecoat lily in Baby Pink, shade Royal Fuchsia, and highlight White. Using Round, tap in center Saffron Yellow, shade Dark Chocolate or Honey Brown, and highlight White. Paint leaf Hauser Medium Green, shade Hauser Dark Green, and highlight Citron Green. Basecoat band on handle Saffron Yellow. Using small flat brush, add Citron Green checks.
- 3. For insect shovel, basecoat dragonfly body Black, highlight White. Basecoat wings White, highlight Indian Turquoise, and shade Lavender. Using Liner, add antennae and lines in wings. Using stylus, add Black dots at end of antennae and Citron Green eyes. Basecoat snail body Citron Green, shade Foliage or Hauser Dark Green, and highlight Saffron Yellow. Add Foliage antennae. Use stylus to dot end of antennae Citron Green and eye Black. Basecoat shell Honey Brown, shade Dark Chocolate, and highlight Saffron Yellow. Basecoat ladybug True Red, shade Napa Red, and highlight Bright Orange. Paint head Black with White highlight. Paint antennae Black. Using stylus, add White eye and dots to end of each antenna. Using end of brush handle, add Black dots to body area. Basecoat band on handle Bright Orange. Using stylus add Saffron Yellow and Citron Green dots.
- 4. To assemble, find center on bottom of bucket and drill hole. Put washer on eye bolt, insert in hole, and add fender washer on inside of bucket. Add nut and tighten. Use “s” hook for hanging. Cut two 2” lengths of brake hose and split one side lengthwise. Place on handle. Tie jute on each handle. Tie shovel on each side of brake hose and one shovel between brake hose.