October Dreams Altered Box
- Recycled round plastic candy box with lid, 6-1/2" diameter
- White cardstock
- Wide orange ribbon
- Small twigs
- Stamps: Artistic Windows (LP128) (Hero Arts); Autumn Harvest set (TPC Studio)
- Ink pads (Tsukineko): Memento Rich Cocoa dye; VersaFine Vintage Sepia pigment
- Glimmer Mists (Tattered Angels): Lemon Zest; Jack O' Lantern; Candy Apple Red
- Blossom Trees Glimmer Screens (Tattered Angels)
- Shapeabilities assorted leaf dies (Spellbinders) and compatible die-cutting system
- Large circle templates (Fiskars)
- Sponge dauber
- Detail scissors
- Double-sided tape
plastic tablecloth or large cardboard box
- 1. Work on protected surface, such as a plastic tablecloth or inside a large cardboard box. (Note: Refer to photos throughout.)
- 1. Spray four sheets white cardstock with Lemon Zest Glimmer Mist. Designer Tip: To spray Glimmer Mist, shake bottle sideways until all sediment is gone from bottom of bottle.
- 2. Following manufacturer's instructions, place Glimmer Screens toward middle of each cardstock sheet without overlap. Shake and spray Jack O' Lantern Glimmer Mist across all four sheets.
- 3. Repeat Step 2 using Candy Apple Red Glimmer Mist, but apply mist in partial areas only on three of the four sheets. Do not apply red mist to fourth sheet.
- 4. Let cardstock dry completely, placing heavy books on top to help them remain flat. Designer Tip: Cardstock may also be ironed dry; just use a pressing cloth or scrap cardstock to keep iron clean.
- 5. Cut two 6-1/2"-diameter circles from center of yellow/orange cardstock. Stamp sentiment in center of one circle using brown pigment ink; adhere circle to box lid. Adhere second circle inside bottom of box.
- 6. Wrap and adhere ribbon around sides of box using double-sided tape. Repeat on inside of box, so ribbons are aligned.
- 7. Die cut 30 assorted leaves from yellow, orange and red areas of cardstock sheets. Overstamp leaves with brown pigment script image. Sponge leaf edges with brown dye ink.
- 8. Adhere layered ring of leaves around outer edge of box lid. Glue a few leaves to sides of box along ribbon. Glue twigs in amongst leaves.