Embossed Metal Clock
- Reclaimed wooden clock
- Spellbinders Paper Arts Copper Premium Craft Foil
- Burlap fabric, 5”x6”
- Spellbinders Paper Arts Grand Calibur Embossing & Die-Cutting System
- Spellbinders Paper Arts dies: Borderabilities Petite Fleur de Lis; Nestabilities Labels Fifteen, Standard Circles (SM and LG)
- Spellbinders Paper Arts Impressabilities Fleur de Lis embossing template
- Black acrylic paint
- Minwax Clear Spray Lacquer
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist: Tattered Leather, Cinnamon
- Adhesives: Xyron 510 with permanent adhesive, Glue Dots Craft Dot n Go dispenser, API Crafter’s Pick The Ultimate! glue
scissors, ruler, pencil, paintbrush, newspapers, paper towels, heat tool, sanding block
- Remove face and glass from clock. Remove hands and movement from face. Paint clock black; let dry.
- Spray clock frame with Glimmer Mists, alternating colors, until pleased with effect; dry each coat with heat tool to prevent puddling. Let dry. Spray with lacquer finish; let dry.
- Lightly spray existing clock face Cinnamon; let dry.
- Die cut following shapes from copper foil: two Labels Fifteen #5 (smallest being #1), cut in half for clock sides; one Labels Fifteen #5 with #3 cut from center to make frame for clock front (see Fig. 3 for die placement).
- Follow directions to emboss die-cut shapes with Fleur de Lis template; see Figs. 1, 2, and 3.
- With silver foil side against die, die cut one Standard Circles LG #5 with #3 cut from center to make frame for clock face (see Fig. 4 for die placement). Emboss over burlap.
- Die cut four tiny teardrops from foil using Fleur de Lis border die.
- Apply black paint over copper side of all foil pieces; see Fig. 5. Wipe off excess. Sand lightly for distressed look.
- Apply Xyron adhesive to backs of side pieces and square frame. Gently press half-labels to sides, with cut edges to back. Press frame to front. Spray entire clock with lacquer; let dry.
- Apply Xyron adhesive to back of square frame cut-out and gently press over original clock face. Use pencil to poke hole in center for clock movement. Glue circle frame to face, debossed side up.
- Using rolled-up adhesive dots, adhere teardrops to 12, 3, 6, and 9 o’clock positions on circle frame.
- Reassemble face with movement and hands. Replace glass and face inside clock.
- 1. Use a Spellbinders Magnetic Spacer Plate or removable tape to hold die templates in place when cutting frames and embossing.