Baby Boy Keepsake Box
- Karen Foster Design (KFD) 3-D Peek-a-Box Countdown Calendar
- KFD Baby Boy Collection: assorted papers, Momma’s Boy cardstock stickers, Baby Boy stacked border, Lil’ Stacks
- KFD brads: Boys Toys Grand, Silver Mineral Crazy Coil
- Assorted buttons: red, yellow, green
- KFD White Scrapper’s Spools paper floss
- Craft punches or dies and die-cutting system: 7/8”, 1-1/4”, and 2-3/8” circles; small star
- Making Memories Scrapbook Colors acrylic paints: Sky, Banana, Celery, Cranberry
- Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic Coating
- Adhesives: Krylon Super Quick Grip Spray, Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots, Therm O Web SuperStik Permanent Glue Stick, 1/4” black foam squares, clear dots, PVA
paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, foam paintbrushes, newspapers, tweezers, paper piercer, sandpaper, small disposable bowls
- Sand glossy surfaces of door and drawer fronts.
- In small bowls, mix three parts paint to one part PVA adhesive to help prevent paint from chipping. Paint box and drawer fronts as follows: door frame and six drawers Banana, six Sky, seven Celery, five Cranberry. Let dry. Apply second coat; let dry.
- Cover window with scrap paper and spray all painted surfaces with clear coating; let dry.
- Adhere sticker to door as shown. Hand-cut dinosaur from paper and adhere with Scrap Dots. Adhere glossy red star from Stacked Border over “i” in “precious”.
- Thread buttons with floss; adhere to box front with clear dots.
- Use photo as a guide to decorate drawer fronts with paper, punched shapes, hand-cut shapes, stickers, and brads. Use foam squares to add dimension. To quickly cover drawer fronts with paper, cut 1-7/8” square and use 7/8” circle punch to create notch at center top; adhere with spray adhesive.
- 1. For a unique shower activity, paint drawers ahead of time. At the party, provide supplies for shower guests to decorate individual drawers for baby.