Baby Footprint Memento Frame
- Wooden frames, two 7-3/4”x7-3/4”
- Dark brown cardstock
- Polyform Pluffy Clay: White
- Pink Paislee 365 Degrees Collection patterned papers: Be Free, Day Dream
- Pearl buttons
- Floral-print dark brown ribbon
- Hemp twine
- Impression Obsession stamps: Cover a Card Harlequin, Solid Florals
- Clay-dedicated acrylic roller
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Light Buttermilk, Buttermilk, Honey Brown, Burnt Umber, Hauser Lt. Green, Soft Sage
- Glue gun and sticks
paintbrush, paper towel, sand paper, scissors, craft knife
- Sand surface and edges of frames. Mix three parts Soft Sage, three parts Hauser Lt. Green and one part Light Buttermilk paint. Paint sides and surface of frame using mixed green paint. Paint inside edge of frames Burnt Umber paint. Let dry.
- Remove clay from package. Condition one quarter block of clay in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning. Cut dark brown cardstock square same-size as opening on bottom frame. Roll clay on cardstock to 1/4” thickness; use craft knife to trim edges. Press Harlequin stamp into surface of clay. Press baby’s foot into center of square. Use clay knife to straighten edges and to lift square from cardstock. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake clay on parchment-lined baking sheet. Let cool.
- Use Burnt Umber paint and Solid Florals stamp to stamp left surfaces of frames. Let dry.
- Use mixed green paint to paint entire surface of stamped tile. Use Burnt Umber to highlight footprint.
- Mix together one part Burnt Umber and two parts Buttermilk and Honey Brown. Paint surface of stamped tile; remove excess using paper towel. Let.
- Use mixed brown paint to apply light layer over entire surface of frame, wipe off excess using paper towel, creating softened look on stamped images.
- Use hot glue to glue stamped tile onto cardstock square.
- Embellish frames using ribbons and buttons. Glue photo inside remaining frame. Glue two ribbon lengths together; position photo frame on top and footprint frame on bottom of lengths. Use hot glue to glue photo frame and footprint frame along lengths.