Cross-Stitch Baby's Birth & Sampler Hangings
- DMC Charles Craft 28-count White Monaco
- Mounting board, two 4-1/2” squares
- White backing board, two 4” squares
- Quilter’s batting, two 5” squares
- White ribbon, four 12” lengths
- Backstitch:: > 1 strand
- Cross-stitch:: > 2 strands
- French knot:: > 1 strand (wrapped two times)
- Stitch design centered on fabric. Use dotted line as a guide for placement of personalization. Iron and press stitch designs.
- Glue batting squares onto one side of each mounting board square. Let dry.
- Center each design over batting on square. Position stitched piece right side down on clean work surface. Turn fabric under 1/8” and glue edges on back of mounting board.
- Glue ribbon ends on top of each backing board.
- Center and glue mounted stitched piece onto back of backing boards. Let dry.
- Trim ribbon ends into bow hanger.