Inspirational Graduation Paperweights
- Deep Dome Paperweight, 3-1/8”x1-1/2” (photoweights.com)
- Recycled cardboard or chipboard
- Royal Rub-On Sentiments: Motivate Theme
- Jeweled brads
- White paper, scraps
- Black embroidery floss or string, 4” length
- Ellison Sizzix BigShot Die Cutting Machine and Tim Holtz Alterations Bigz Die: Hardware Findings
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Olive Green, Burnt Umber, Lamp Black, Soft Blue (or colors of choice)
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue, Liquid Fusion
scissors, paintbrush, foam brush, sanding block, candle
- Trace paper weight onto cardboard or chipboard scrap. Cut out circle, 1/4” inside traced lines.
- Paint circle Lamp Black or Burnt Umber. When dry, rub surface randomly with wax candle. Paint circle Olive Green or Soft Blue. When almost dry, sand surface gently to create distressed area. (Designer note: Areas where wax was applied will rub off more easily.)
- Use machine and die to cut key hole from chipboard. Paint key hole Lamp Black. Use sanding block to gently sand edges. Place brads into holes on key hole. Use tacky glue to adhere key hole on center of Soft Blue chipboard.
- Apply Liquid Fusion on edges on bottom of paperweight; press chipboard on glued edges. Apply “believe” rub-on onto top of paperweight.
- For diploma paperweight, paint top portion of Olive Green chipboard circle Lamp Black. Apply “definition” rub-on on bottom of circle. Cut 2”x3” white paper rectangle; roll rectangle to resemble tiny diploma. Tie diploma with black floss. Glue diploma on black painted area. Repeat Step 4 to secure paperweight on chipboard circle.