Ladybug Toddler Outfit
- DMC Charles Craft 14-count Waste Canvas (CR-9115-0900-PK)
- Toddler/baby white cotton t-shirt and hat
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss
- Needles: embroidery, #24 tapestry
- Sewing thread
- Backstitch: >1 strand
- Cross-stitch: >2 strands
- French Knot: >1 strand (wrapped two times)
- 1. Waste canvas is an Evenweave mesh fabric that is basted over area cross-stitched. It is available in 8.5-, 10- and 14-count. When stitching is complete, the waste canvas threads are removed, leaving only your stitched design.
- 1. Determine size of design and add 2” around all sides. Find center of canvas by folding in half and then in half again. Mark center. Position canvas on shirt and hat; aligning threads of fabric and canvas threads.
- 2. Use embroidery needle and sewing thread to tack canvas in place. Beginning in center and working out to corner, stitch design on canvas.
- 3. To remove starch from waste canvas, rise stitched design in cold water; let dry. To remove waste canvas threads, remove tacking stitches. Use tweezers to gently grab waste canvas threads, removing from beneath stitches.
- 1. Take your time and be extra careful when removing waste canvas threads.