Shrink Plastic Boo Pin
- Shrinky Dinks Shrinkable Plastic: Frosted Ruff n’ Ready, Black
- Black wire, 26-gauge
- Metal pin back, 1-1/4”
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Lavender, Tangelo Orange, Titanium White, Lamp Black, Dioxazine Purple, Oxblood
- Transfer paper: white, black
- Oven or toaster oven
- Eclectic Products Amazing E6000 Craft Adhesive
scissors, embroidery scissors, hole punch, pencil, sandpaper, paintbrushes, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Print out patterns. Using black transfer paper and stylus, trace “BOO” pattern onto pre-sanded side of frosted shrink plastic. For bat, lightly sand area large enough for design on black shrink plastic; use white transfer paper and stylus to trace bat pattern onto area.
- Use hole punch to punch out holes in letter “B” and on bottom “O”. Use embroidery scissors to cut out holes to match pattern sizes.
- On covered work surface, basecoat letter “B” and bottom “O” Lavender and center “O” Tangelo Orange. Basecoat center of orange “O” Lamp Black. Let dry.
- Use liner brush and Dioxazine Purple to add wavy pattern lines onto “B” and lightly shade around outside edges. Use Oxblood to shade outside edges of center “O”. Paint check pattern onto bottom “O” Lamp Black and shade around outside edges Dioxazine Purple. Let dry. Use stylus to add Tangelo Orange dots onto “B” and Titanium White dots onto center “O.” Let dry.
- For bat, use liner to draw eyebrows and stylus to dot eyes Titanium White. Add smaller Lamp Black highlight dots onto eyes. Let dry.
- Carefully cut out “BOO”’ and bat. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake and shrink pieces in oven. Let cool completely.
- Wrap one end of black wire length around hole in letter “B”; curl wire end around paintbrush handle. Wrap wire end around bat several times to secure. Adhere pin back onto back of “BOO”.
- 1. One of the many “magics” of shrink plastic is that when it shrinks, your design will appear completely opaque and painted – even if you don’t apply multiple coats.