Dinner Blooms Set
- Duncan Oh Four Bisque: Seasonal Blooms Dinner Plate (27159), Seasonal Blooms Salad/Soup Bowl (27160), Seasonal Blooms Dessert Bowl (27161), Seasonal Blooms Salad Plate (27162)
- Duncan: Concepts Underglazes for Bisque and Majolica: Bright Saffron, Bright Salsa, Light Kiwi, Bright Kiwi, Dark Kiwi, Black, Light Purple; Pure Brilliance Clear Glaze
- Duncan Signature Brushes: No. 1 Liner, No. 6 Fan Glaze, No. 8 Round
damp sponge, container for water, foil or foam plate, paper towel
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove dust. Pour underglazes on aluminum foil or foam plate.
- On dinner plate, use fan glaze brush to paint three coats Light Purple, leaving 1-1/2” around center unpainted. Use No. 8 Round to paint three coats Bright Saffron on center. Paint three coats Black on center. Use end of paintbrush handle to dot plate Bright Kiwi and Saffron Yellow. Let dry. Paint back of plate petals Light Purple and back of plate base Bright Kiwi.
- For salad/soup bowl, paint three coats Bright Salsa on petals, leaving 1-1/2” on center unpainted. Use No. 8 Round to paint three coats Bright Saffron on center of bowl, leaving small area unpainted around bowl. Paint three coats Black on center. Use end of paintbrush handle to add Dark Kiwi and Bright Saffron dots. Let dry. Paint back of bowl three coats Bright Saffron and base of bowl Bright Kiwi.
- For small bowl, paint three coats Bright Saffron on bowl, leaving 1/2” unpainted on center. Paint three coats Black on center. Use end of paintbrush handle to dot bowl Dark Kiwi and Bright Saffron. Let dry. Paint back of bowl three coats Bright Saffron and base of bowl Bright Kiwi.
- For leaf salad plate, paint three coats Bright Kiwi on back of plate. Use No. 8 Round and Dark Kiwi to paint vein lines. Use damp sponge to lightly brush vein lines, creating antiqued effect. Let dry. Use No. 1 Liner and Dark Kiwi to reline vein lines, if needed. Let dry. Use Fan Glaze and Light Kiwi to paint 2” around top outer area of plate. Paint remaining area of plate Bright Kiwi.
- Apply one coat Pure Brilliance Glaze over all areas of each piece. Let dry.
- Stilt in kiln and fire to witness cone 06.