- Brown paper grocery bag
- Wooden circles: 1-1/4”, 3/4”
- Button, 3/4”
- Embroidery floss, 6” length
- Pin back
- Acrylic paints: red, green
- Satin varnish
- Tacky glue
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, paper towel, newspaper (to cover work surface), cardboard scrap
- Cut four 3”x7” rectangles from paper bag. (Use areas that don’t have creases or layers.) Position one rectangle print side up and apply glue. Use cardboard scrap to spread glue over paper. Layer another rectangle on top and repeat. Repeat again with remaining rectangle. Layer fourth rectangle on three rectangles with print side down. Smooth layers together.
- Cut one 2-1/2” circle, one 2” circle, and two leaf shapes from layered paper. Position 1-1/4” wooden circle on center of large circle; pull edges upward. Pleat and fold edges. Repeat for small paper circle using smaller wooden circle. Fold leaves lengthwise down center.
- Let circles dry. Trim uneven edges.
- Paint flowers red and leaves green. Let dry. Apply satin varnish if desired.
- Glue smaller flower onto center of larger flower. Glue leaves on back of flower. Glue pin back on back of flower.
- Glue button on center of flower. (If button has holes, insert floss through holes; knot on back.)