Mother's Day Floral Frame
- Wooden frame, 4”x6”
- Polyform Sculpey III Polymer Clay: Dusty Rose, Ballerina Pink, Spring Lilac, String Bean
- Light green acrylic paint
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Hot glue gun or white craft glue
paintbrush, toothpick, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.
- 1. On covered work surface, paint frame light green. Let dry.
- 2. On clean work surface, remove clay from packages. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- 3. For flowers, roll 20-1/2” Lilac balls. Separate balls into groups of five. Press balls together, creating flower shapes.
- 4. Repeat process rolling 15-1/4” Ballerina Pink balls. Separate balls into groups of five. Press balls together, creating flower shapes. Repeat process rolling 15-1/8” Dusty Rose balls, creating three flower shapes.
- 5. Use toothpick to create petal lines on flowers. Use craft knife to make line from center to each petal on each flower.
- 6. For flower centers, roll centers from clay. Press contrasting-color clay ball on center of each flowers.
- 7. Press flowers on frame. See photo for placement.
- 8. For “MOM” letters, roll Dusty Rose clay into log shape. Form letters from log. Press “MOM” on center top of frame.
- 9. For stems, roll String Bean into skinny log. Press pieces of log around “MOM” and flowers on frame.
- 10. For leaves, roll eight 1/4” String Bean balls. Flatten balls into leaf shapes. Use toothpick to add vein lines. Press leaves on frame.
- 11. Position clay items and frame on parchment-lined baking sheet. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake clay items in oven. Let cool.
- 12. Glue clay items on frame. Let dry.