Fuzzy Yarn Place Card Holders
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: two 6”x3” cones
- Wooden craft spool, two 1”x3”
- Chenille yarn, 1 skein: yellow or white
- Fibre-Craft Creative Hands craft foam sheets, 9”x12”: Orange, White, Pink
- Plastic-coated wire: two 8” lengths turquoise; 8” length and three 3” lengths black
- Wiggle eyes, four
- Ribbon, 1/8”-wide, 2 yds.: orange or light blue
- Ribbon, 5/8”-wide, 1 yd. each: blue, green or striped
- White pom-pom, 1”
- Orange feather boa, 6” length
- Cardstock, two 2”x3” rectangles
- Alphabet letter stickers
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint: Mink Brown, Petal Pink
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, pencil, paintbrush, clothespin, newspaper (to cover work surface), paper towel, black marker
- For each place card holder, apply thick even layer of glue over surface of plastic-foam cone. Beginning at top, wrap yarn around cone, keeping rows straight and close together. Press yarn into glue, let dry.
- On covered work surface, paint wooden spools Mink Brown. Let dry.
- Print out patterns. Cut bunny’s nose from Pink craft foam and two ears from White craft foam. For chick’s beak, cut 1/2” Orange craft foam triangle. Use black marker to draw nostrils on chick’s beak. Paint center of bunny’s ears Petal Pink. Let dry.
- Glue orange or light blue ribbon around painted spool. Let dry. Gently fold bunny’s ears lengthwise; spot glue. Use clothespin to hold in place while drying.
- Measure and cut 6” length of orange feather boa (chick’s hair). Glue hair on chick’s head. Glue bunny ears on sides of bunny’s head. Glue wiggle eyes, bunny’s nose, and chick’s beak on head.
- Measure and cut three 3” black wire lengths. Insert wire lengths (whiskers) onto sides of bunny’s nose. Glue white pom-pom (tail) onto bottom of bunny’s body.
- Glue top of spool on bottom of bunny or chick cone. Let dry. Tie ribbon bow from blue/green or striped ribbon. Glue bows on center bottom of chick or bunny.
- For place card, measure and cut 2”x3” cardstock rectangle. Use alphabet stickers to spell out name of person on place card. Measure and cut 8” turquoise wire length. Coil wire length, keeping one end straight. Insert straight end of wire into top of chick or bunny. Insert place card into coiled wire.
- 1. Use plenty of glue on surface of cone, so yarn adheres completely.