Christmas Memory Photo Ornaments
- FOR BOTH:
- Baltic Birch plywood, 1/8” thick
- Gold 2-ply lamé
- FOR BOTH:
- Spray varnish
- Wood glue
- Tools: drill with 1/16” bit; scroll saw
- Ceramcoat Acrylic Paints: Empire Gold
- Ceramcoat Acrylic Paints: Maple Sugar Tan; Lt. Ivory; Black; Spice Tan; Bright Red; Autumn Brown; Christmas Green
- Ceramcoat Acrylic Paints: Deep Coral; Denim Blue; Lisa Pink
- 1. Print and cut out patterns. Use scroll saw to cut ornament and paws/hands from wood. Drill hole in top of head. Sand; wipe dust. Transfer designs. When painting is complete, Glue paws/hands to ornament. Apply varnish. For hanger, thread lamé through hole; knot ends. Tape or glue photo to back of ornament.
Snips ‘n Snails Ornament
- 1. Paint head and paws Maple Sugar Tan; shade Spice Tan. Paint spots Autumn
Brown. Paint nose, eyes, and dots on
letters and muzzle Black. Paint top of
ball Bright Red, middle of ball Empire
Gold, and bottom of ball Christmas
Green; highlight Lt. Ivory. Highlight nose and dot eyes Lt. Ivory. Use black fine-tip permanent marker to outline details on dog, paws, and lettering.
Sugar ‘n Spice Ornament
- 1. Paint head and hands Raw Sienna; shade Autumn Brown. Paint cookie Maple Sugar Tan; shade edges Spice Tan. Paint frosting Lisa Pink; shade Deep Coral. Paint frosting on head Lt. Ivory. Dip-dot eyes Black. Paint nose and dry brush cheeks Bright Red. Highlight nose, cheeks, eyes, and hands Lt. Ivory.
Line sprinkles Lt. Ivory and Denim Blue;
dip-dot green sprinkles with Christmas
Green. Use black fine-tip permanent
marker to line eyelashes, mouth, eyebrows, and lettering. Dip-dot lettering Black.
- 1. Instead of writing provided lettering, personalize ornament with child’s name and year.