On the Cutting Edge Butterfly Mobile
- Four branches of similar length
- Pastel cardstock: blue, green, yellow-green
- Sassafras Lass Mix & Mend Collection papers
- Pastel blue/white dot ribbon
- Cotton twine
- Clear thread
- Impression Obsession Cover a Card stamps: Thin Stripes, Swirls, Paisley Crystals
- Spellbinders Paper Arts The Wizard Embossing & Die-Cutting System
- Spellbinders Paper Arts Shapeabilities dies: Butterflies Two, Flying Beauties
- Clearsnap ColorBox Fluid Chalk ink pads: Blue Iris, Lime Pastel, Olive Pastel
- Krylon Ivory indoor/outdoor satin spray paint
- Glitter: crystal chunky, assorted ultrafine
- Adhesives: glue pen, paper adhesive
scissors, ruler, pencil, newspapers
- Spray paint branches. Sprinkle with chunky glitter. Let dry.
- Die cut butterflies from assorted cardstock and paper. Stamp cardstock die cuts as desired.
- Glue paper butterflies to cardstock butterflies, sandwiching twine lengths in between. Highlight edges with glue pen and ultrafine glitters.
- Place two branches end to end and slightly overlapped. Wrap joint with twine. Repeat with second branch pair. Overlap branches at center and wrap with twine to create balanced cross.
- Suspend largest butterflies at different lengths from each branch, followed by medium butterflies. Hang smallest butterflies to create balanced look.
- Tie ribbon bow around mobile center. Hang with clear thread.
- 1. Transform this mobile into a Mother’s Day memory display; die cut kids’ photos into a few butterfly shapes.