ATCs-Beyond Trading: Ink Technique Fairy Images
- Ranger Inkssentials Gloss paper: white, black
- Metallic gold cardstock
- Watercolor paper
- Antique gold eyelets
- Bead trim with heart and bicone beads
- Decorative cord and coordinating trim
- Oxford Impressions Fairy Sweets stamp set
- We R Memory Keepers Crop-a-Dile II Big Bite Tool
- Ranger Inkssentials tools: heat tool, paper creaser, non-stick craft sheet, Cut ‘n Dry nibs
- Ranger ink pads: Jet Black Archival, assorted Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Adirondack Pitch Black pigment, assorted Adirondack dyes
- Ranger Tim Holtz Adirondack alcohol ink line: assorted inks, Gold Metallic Mixatives, blending solution, applicator
- Ranger Black Super Fine Detail embossing powder
- Adhesives: Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents, paper adhesive, anti-fray solution
paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, eyelet setter, water mister
- 1. Stamp Jet Black fairy baby and “sweet” on white gloss paper scrap; heat set.
- 2. Use nibs and Distress Inks to color images. Detail cut images; ink edges black.
- 3. Cut 2-1/4”x3-1/4” watercolor paper panel. Apply several Distress Inks directly to craft sheet without overlap. Mist paper and craft sheet with water until ink beads; drag paper through ink. Heat set.
- 4. Stamp Pitch Black vines on panel; heat emboss black. Color with nibs. Apply Glossy Accents here and there for texture.
- 5. Layer all elements on 2-1/2”x3-1/2” black gloss panel.
- 1. Create fairy boy and background in same way as baby ATC, substituting star for “sweet.” Stamp and emboss black sentiment.
- 2. Apply alcohol ink to one bead heart; heat set. Apply Pitch Black ink and gold mixatives to 2-1/2”x3-1/2” gold cardstock panel.
- 3. Layer all elements on gold panel. Adhere heart and "lantern" beads with Glossy Accents; let dry.
- 4. Print out pattern. Cut box pattern from white gloss paper. Use applicator to apply alcohol inks to box in a twisting motion. Highlight with gold mixatives and blending solution.
- 5. Adhere ATC to box front. Adhere 8” bead and cord trim lengths as shown, avoiding Tab B.
- 6. Set eyelets in box top at large dots indicated on pattern. Insert cord through holes, knot ends, and apply anti-fray solution; let dry.
- 7. Crease all fold lines. Fold and assemble box, adhering Tab B to back of Tab A.
- 1. Get this look with these Distress Inks: Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick, Antique Linen, Scattered Straw, Tumbled Glass, Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, Mustard Seed, Victorian Velvet, Vintage Photo, Aged Mahogany, Black Soot.