- Wooden items: 2-1/2”-tall spool, 6” dowel to fit inside spool
- Chipboard sheet
- Paper of choice
- Rhinestone button
- Antique silver glass glitter
- Large silk flower
- Small paper flowers with pearl centers
- Satin ribbon
- Lace trim
- Stiff netting
- Waxed cording
- Postage stamp sticker
- Sizzix BIGkick or Big Shot Embossing & Die-Cutting System
- Sizzix Bigz Birds die
- Shimmering paint mist
- Adhesives: spray glue, glue gun
scissors, ruler, newspapers, rubber gloves
- Adhere paper to both sides of chipboard; die cut bird.
- Put on rubber gloves. Spray front of bird with glue. Press glitter to bird; let dry. Shake off excess.
- Glue lace trim around center of spool.
- Take apart silk flower. Mist layers with shimmering paint; let dry.
- Cut several small pieces of stiff netting. Reassemble flower, inserting netting between layers. Hot glue flower layers to spool, avoiding hole in center of spool.
- Glue dowel into spool, through flower layers.
- Tie large, loopy ribbon bow. Tie waxed cording bow. Glue bows, button and paper flowers to center of silk flower. Hot glue bird to dowel.
- Cut stamp sticker from sheet, leaving backing intact. Glue stamp to flower.
- 1. Die cut bird from thin cork, felt or wood veneer paper for alternate looks.