Paper Silhouette Nativity Ornament
- Day Dream Floral brown patterned paper
- Cardstock: white; black
- Silver paper
- Wooden dowels, 3/16”, 4” lengths, two
- Silver mini brads, two
- Silver eyelets, 1/8”, three
- Silver wire, 20-gauge, 8” length
- Silver head pin, 1-1/2” long
- Crystal faceted glass bead, 19mm
- Rhonna Farrer Clear Stamps: Elegant
- Americana Acrylic Paint: Shimmering Silver
- Ink pads: brown; black
- Hole punches: 1/16”; 1/8”; 1/4”; 1/2”; 3/4”
- Craft knife
- Metal-edge ruler
- Paper glue
- Glue white cardstock to back of brown patterned paper to make it sturdy; cut 3-1/4”x5”x5” rectangle and ink edges.
- Use black ink to stamp swirl across rectangle, 1/2” from top edge.
- Print and cut out pattern. Place copy of nativity pattern on black cardstock and tape edges to secure. Place metal-edge ruler on all straight lines and run craft knife along ruler edge to make precise cuts. (Note: Do not cute circle shapes.) Punch one 1/4” circle and two 1/2” circles from black
paper and glue to silhouette design for
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph’s heads. Punch
one 1/2” and two 3/4” circles from silver paper and glue behind heads. Glue
silhouette design, except star, to center of patterned rectangle.
- Punch 1/16” holes in corners of silhouette designs; attach brads. Punch 1/8” holes in paper at dots indicated on pattern; attach eyelets.
- Paint dowels Shimmering Silver. Wrap
and glue top and bottom of paper
rectangle around dowels with ends even
at sides. For hanger, insert wire ends
through eyelets at top of ornament and
bend ends in back.
- Place crystal bead on head pin. Insert wire through eyelet at bottom of ornament, bending wire as needed to fit around dowel. Glue star to center top of ornament.