Stitched with Love Bookmarks
- Brass Stitchables: Rose Bookmark; Sentiments
- White felt scrap
- Pearl beads, 6mm, 12
- Red heart beads, two
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss: White (#BLANC); Lt. Pink (#3713); Red (#347); Black (#310)
- Embroidery needle
- Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- Round-nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- 1. Read “Stitching Tips” before beginning project.
- 1. Use red floss to cross-stitch top row of “L” background. Moving down to next row, continue stitching red background, following diagram. Cross-stitch “L” with white.
- 2. Continue following diagram, working every other background and letter in red or white (different color than previously worked) and filling in heart with pink.
- 3. Use one strand black floss and straight stitches to outline heart.
- 4. Cut 1-1/4”x4-1/2” felt; glue to back of design.
- 5. Cut four 1” wire lengths. Bend one wire length slightly and insert through hole in center top of bookplate. Bend wire end in tight loop to secure. Place one pearl bead on straight wire end. Bend wire into loop going in opposite direction of first loop until it touches top of bead (wire form an “S” around bead). Continue procedure, adding three more pearl bead “S’s” to chain.
- 6. Cut one 1-1/4” piece from wire. Follow same procedure as above, adding heart bead to end of chain.
- 1. Use pink floss to cross-stitch top row of background. Moving down to next row, continue stitching pink background, following diagram. Cross-stitch heart and bow outline with white. Stitch inside of heart with red.
- 2. Use one strand black floss and straight stitches to outline heart and bow.
- 3. Cut 1-1/2”x1-3/4” rectangle from felt; glue to back of design.
- 4. Follow Steps 5 and 6 from Love Bookmark, adding a chain of seven pearl beads and heart bead at end.
- 5. For backing, cut felt to same size as stitched area of brass plate; glue to back. Glue crystal to bow center.
- 1. Work counted cross stitch on brass plate in same way as cloth.
- 2. Follow charts for color placement.
- 3. If you are right-handed, begin working stitches on top left side of brass plate, stitching across each row from left to right, then stitch crossed over first stitches, going from right to left.
- 4. If you are left handed, begin working rows from right to left.
- 5. Use three strands of floss for cross stitches.