Gingerbread Cookie Tin
- Recycled cookie tin, 0”
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Grey Sky; Light French Blue; Terra Cotta; Russet; Light Buttermilk; Lamp Black; Rookwood Red; Camel; Light Avocado; Celery Green; Plantation Pine; Honey Brown; Black Plum; Burnt Sienna
- Hot Shots Paint (DecoArt): Fiery Red
- Paintbrushes: flat, 3/4”, #2; angular, 1/4”, 3/8”; round, #2; liner; small scruffy; small stencil
- Natural sea sponge
- Matte sealer
- FolkArt Glass & Tile Medium (Plaid)
- Basecoat Stencils (The Creative Coach): BCS-127; BCS-125; BCS-185; BCS-186
- Tape off rims; apply Glass & Tile
Medium. Let dry. Paint lid and bottom
Grey Sky. Sponge paint Light French Blue. Shade bottom rim French Grey Blue.
- Print and cut out pattern. Transfer pattern to lid.
- Paint gingerbread Terra Cotta; shade Russet. Paint nose Burnt Sienna. Dry brush cheeks, paint roof and stencil bird Rookwood Red. Highlight birds and roof Fiery Red; shade Black Plum. Paint scarf Light Avocado; highlight Celery
Green; shade Plantation Pine. Paint beads and stencil birdhouse Camel; shade
Honey Brown. Paint stems of pine boughs Terra Cotta, and pine needles Plantation Pine and Celery Green. Dot holly berries and paint checks on
birdhouse and lines on scarf Rookwood Red. Paint fringe on scarf Plantation Pine and Rookwood Red; dot Plantation
Pine. Paint holes on birdhouse and eyes Lamp Black. Randomly stencil snowflakes and snow, paint frosting lines, highlight birdhouse holes and dot eyes and cheeks Light Buttermilk.
- Use black fine-tip permanent marker to draw mouth and bird’s legs.
- 1. Use these patterns on gift bags, too.