Wire Bird's Nest Jewelry
- Artistic Wire Bare Copper Wire, 24-gauge
- Beadalon Copper Findings: 20 6mm jump rings, 17 1” flat head pins, small lobster clasp, two ball and spring ear wires
- Swarovski Crystallized Elements: 14 6mm Caribbean Blue Opal beads
- Nunn Designs Patera Findings: 1/2” Raised Tag Mini Square; four Antique Copper Single Loops; Nunn Design Sealant; Antiqued Copper Hammered Flat Cable Chain; four Antique Copper bird charms
- Polyform Studio by Sculpey Polymer Clay: Peacock
- Circle paper punch, 13/16”
- Chain-nose pliers
- Round-nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint: Metallic Silver
- Aleene’s Liquid Fusion
parchment-lined baking sheet, oven, paintbrush, scissors, ruler
- Condition clay with hands. Roll pea-sized piece of Peacock clay into 1/8” ball. Form ball into egg shape. Repeat process creating 45 1/8” egg shapes. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake egg shapes on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool.
- Use wire cutters to cut 12” copper wire length. Use round-nose pliers to roll one wire end into coiled shape. Continue coiling wire length, creating dime-sized birds’ nests.
- Measure and cut two 1/2” copper wire lengths. Wrap wire lengths around birds’ nests, securing coiled wire. Repeat process to create five coiled birds’ nests.
- Use Liquid Fusion to glue egg on coiled nest. Repeat process gluing three eggs in each nest.
- Use paintbrush to lightly dry brush eggs Metallic Silver. Let dry.
- Use punch to punch small round bird images. Glue images on copper tag findings. Apply sealant.
- On each head pin, thread as follows: one Caribbean blue bead, one crystal, one Caribbean blue bead, one crystal. Use wire cutters to cut end from head pin. Use round-nose pliers to create loop on end of head pin.
- Use wire cutters to cut 8” chain length (for bracelet). Adjust size as needed. Use chain-nose pliers and jump rings to attach bird charms, three wire nests, beaded head pins, and copper tags with images on chain.
- Attach remaining jump ring on end of bracelet. Attach lobster clasp on remaining end.
- For earrings, attach jump rings on remaining wire nests. Attach jump rings on each ear wires.