Bow Wow Bow Tie
- Cotton fabric of choice, 1/4 yd.
- Sew-on metal snap
- Sewing machine, needle, and matching thread
- Iron and pressing surface
- Lightweight fusible interfacing, 1/8 yd.
scissors, straight pins, computer with printer, 2” dowel
- Print out patterns. Cut two bow tie pieces and one bow tie tab from cotton fabric as indicated on pattern. Cut one bow tie piece and one bow tie tab from interfacing.
- Following manufacturer’s instructions, fuse interfacing to wrong side of cotton bow tie and bow tie tab.
- Place right sides together matching raw edges of two bow tie pieces; pin in place. Machine-sew around edge, with 1/4” seam allowance, leaving 3” opening along one edge for turning.
- Clip corners; turn right side out. Press carefully, pulling out corners and seams. Hand-sew opening closed.
- Fold ends of bow tie tab piece over 1/4” and press. Fold side edges under 1/4” and press. Fold tab in half lengthwise and press again. Sew around entire piece, 1/16” from edge.
- Hand-sew male snap on one end of tab and female snap on opposite side of other end.
- Tie bow tie around 2” dowel or other like object. Run tab through loop left by dowel; remove dowel. Attach bow tie to collar with tab.
- 1. After stitching and turning a project right side out, use a turning tool or chopstick to help push out and define corners.