Embroidered Sweater Eggs
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 4" eggs
- Cream-colored or pastel-colored recycled sweater
- Persian wool, one length each: light green, peach, dark green, purple
- Gold-headed straight pins
fine-tip marker, pencil, craft knife, ruler
- Use marker and ruler to measure and mark quarter sections on each 4" egg. Mark center top and bottom of each egg. Divide egg into quarters lengthwise.
- Trace marker lines with pencil point creating grooved lines.
- Cut out four quarter pieces, slightly larger than grooved areas, from recycled sweater.
- Center sweater piece over section to be covered. Position edge of craft knife directly over grooved lines. Press sweater into surface of egg. Continue tucking fabric onto egg, carefully keeping sweater fabric smooth. Trim excess.
- Divide wool into individual strands. Thread tapestry needle.
- Following the photo for placement, use daisy stitch and peach or light green floss for large flowers. Fill in flower centers with contrasting-color thread using slightly smaller daisy stitch.
- Use running stitch and dark green thread to stitch leaves.
- Hand stitch star-shaped flowers with purple floss around larger flowers.
- Insert gold-headed straight pins into flower centers.
- 1. To divide foam eggs easily, wrap two rubber bands around egg dividing the egg into four equal segments. Use marker to trace along rubber bands.