Amigurumi Bunny & Bear Characters
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: two 2-1/2” balls, two 2” balls, eight 1” balls, 1/2” sheet
- Pastel yarn colors: pink, cream, wheat
- Black beads, four
- Felt, scraps: pink, cream
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss: Red, Brown
- Ribbon: cream, purple
- Plastic-flower embellishments
- Needle-felting tool
- Embroidery needle
- Disappearing-ink fabric marker
- Fabric glue
scissors, ruler, straight pins, round toothpicks
- For each character, choose yarn color for body. Beginning at top of 2” ball, pin end of yarn in place. Needle-felt to secure. Remove pin.
- Wrap yarn around ball, working approximately in 2” areas. Use needle to secure yarn to ball. Continue wrapping and needle-felting yarn, covering all areas of ball. Cut yarn and needle-felt yarn ends on ball. Set aside.
- For arms and legs, choose yarn color for each character. Needle-felt yarn on 1” ball as done in Step 2. Repeat with remaining three 1” balls. (Note: A round toothpick inserted in ball is helpful for turning and handling the ball.) Set aside.
- For head, choose yarn color for each character. Needle-felt yarn to 2-1/2” ball as done in previous steps. Set aside.
- Cut 1/2” circle from felt for nose/mouth. Using three strands of Red or Brown embroidery floss, stitch nose and mouth onto felt circles. Glue nose/mouth on center of ball. For eyes, glue black beads above nose/mouth.
- For ears, measure and cut two 1/2” ovals (bear) or two 2” ovals (bunny) from felt. Position ears on foam sheet. Needle-felt yarn onto ears, covering all areas.
- Insert round toothpicks into body, head, arms, and ears. Assemble characters. Use fabric glue to spot glue.
- Embellish characters with ribbon bows and plastic flowers.