Happy Easter Jar Wrap
- Glass or plastic container with lid
- DMC 14-count (#964) Lt. Sea Green Aida
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss
- DMC 6-strand Rayon Embroidery Floss
- DMC Memory Thread
- Coordinating-color sewing threads
- DMC #24 tapestry needle
- Fabric glue
- Iron-on interfacing
- Velcro dot fasteners, two 5/8”
- Backstitch: >1 strand
- Cross-stitch: >2 strands
- French Knot: >1 strand wrapped 2 times
scissors, measuring tape or ruler, iron
- Using two strands floss, cross-stitch design centered on cloth.
- Backstitch and French knot with one strand 310.
- Apply iron-on interfacing on back of linen. (Note: Stitched piece is approximately 3”x7”.)
- Following chart and key, couch Memory Thread with matching sewing thread.
- Measure circumference of container, adding 2-1/2”. Trim cloth measurement and to 4” from top to bottom.
- Press 1/4” in along long edges and glue. Let dry. Press 1/4” under along short edges and glue. Let dry.
- Glue Velcro dot fasteners on top and bottom of short ends. Position wrap around jar.