Stamped Bird Ornaments
- Basswood Sheets (Midwest Products), 1/8” thick: 3”x24” (#4304); 1”x24” (#4104)
- Forster Woodsies (Loew-Cornell):
Large Circles, two; Small Teardrops, two
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Soft Blue; Khaki Tan; Antique White; Espresso
- Patterned paper scraps: red/white polka dot; white floral; yellow
- Silk Flowers (Making Memories)
- Brads: jeweled; red
- Flat Back Crystals (Swarovski): AB, 3mm, six; white, 6mm, two
- Ribbon/trims of choice for hangers
- Rubber stamps: Tiny Alphabet (Hero Arts); Bird (Autumn Leaves); All Night Media Alphabet Type (Plaid)
- All-Purpose Sealer (DecoArt)
- Black pigment ink pad
- Mod Podge (Plaid)
- Scalloped circle punch, 1-1/2”
- Eye screws, two
- Wax candle
- Tools: Drill and 1/16” bit; hand saw; sanding block
- Use hand saw to cut two 4”-long pieces from 4”-wide basswood sheet and four 3-1/2” pieces from 1”-wide basswood sheet. Sand edges and apply sealer. Paint wooden shapes Antique White. Paint both ornaments Khaki Tan. When dry, rub wax candle over surface randomly. Use pencil to lightly mark 3-1/2” square in center of each ornament. Paint one center square Antique White and remaining square Soft Blue. Paint two 1” sheet pieces Espresso and two Khaki Tan. Rub candle over surface of 1” pieces. Paint two Espresso pieces Antique White and two Khaki Tan pieces Soft Blue. Repeat steps to distress with sanding block.
- Stamp sentiments in center of ornaments. Adhere matching strips to ornaments to frame as shown. Stamp sentiments on strips.
- Stamp birds on patterned papers. Cut out and discard swirl tail portion. Cover small wood shapes by applying decoupage medium to shape, then glue to wrong sides of patterned papers. When dry, trim around papers and sand edges
- Stamp swirl tail portion of bird stamp on circles. Punch scalloped circles from patterned papers and glue circles together. Stamp bird once more on bottom left strip. Cover stamp with
patterned paper bird, leaving only legs
exposed. Glue teardrops for wings,
circles to bird for swirl tail portion, and three small crystals to opposite sides of strips on each ornament.
- Layer flowers, insert brads and adhere to right side of ornaments. Drill small hole in top of ornament and insert eye screw. For hanger, thread ribbon/trim through eye screw; knot ends.
Stamped Bird Ornaments