White Flower Fabric Necklace
- Fabric, 8”x38”
- Wooden beads, 1/2”-3/4” diameter, 25
- Silk flower, 2”
- Pearl button, 3/4”
- Magnets, two 3/4”
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Rotary cutter and mat
scissors, needle, thimble
- 1. Use rotary cutter and mat to cut 3-1/2”x38” fabric rectangle. From remaining fabric, cut 26-3/8”x4” strips. Set aside.
- 2. Fold right sides together on large fabric rectangle. Pin selvages on long side together. Stitch selvages on end of the rectangle, turn corner, and stitch down long side, taking 1/2” seam allowance but leaving one end of rectangle open. Clip corner. Turn right side out.
- 3. Holding necklace tube with open end up, insert one magnet into long rectangle sleeve. Take one 3/8”x4” strip of fabric and tie in square knot against magnet, securing in place. (Note: To tie square knot; fold right end over left end then cinch down. Tie left end over right end and cinch down tightly.)
- 4. Insert wooden bead in necklace sleeve. Take another 3/8”x4” strip and tie in square knot next to bead. Repeat this process until all 25 beads have been tied off.
- 5. Insert second magnet after last square knot. Trim excess fabric and hand stitch opening closed, folding edges under.
- 6. Remove plastic stem from silk flower. Position pearl button on center of flower. Hand stitch pearl button on necklace as desired.