Shadowbox Table Vase
- Glass surfaces: cylinder vase, 11”; recycled jar that will fit inside vase
- Cardstock: white, black
- Clipart of choice (Designer used wedding couple silhouette)
- Karen Foster Designs Pearl Sparkle Burst Brads
- Flat-back rhinestones, 10mm
- Satin ribbon in color of choice, 7/8”-wide, 20”
- Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting and Embossing Machine with Bigz Alphabet Serif Essentials Numbers Set 2 Dies
- DecoArt: Americana Sapphire Acrylic Paint, Duraclear Matte Varnish
- Adhesives: Beacon Adhesives Gem-Tac, Fast Finish Découpage; Duck Brand White Tape Sheets
computer with printer, paintbrush, foam brushes, scissors, marker, cotton ball and rubbing alcohol, paper piercer
- Clean vase and jar thoroughly with cotton ball and rubbing alcohol.
- Print out full-size pattern. Print pattern on white cardstock; cut out to use as template. Trace heart on wrong side of tape sheet, cut out and peel off backing. Place on vase as shown.
- Paint vase and jar with several coats of Sapphire for opaque finish. Coat vase with several coats of varnish using foam brush. Let dry thoroughly; remove taped heart.
- Size clipart to 3-1/2”x5-1/4”. Print on white cardstock; cut out leaving 1/2” flap at bottom.
- Die cut desired numbers from cardstock, in black for adhering to clipart and/or in white for vase.
- Adhere black number to clipart cutout. Pierce cutout; insert brad. Adhere cutout to jar with Gem-Tac, wrapping flap underneath.
- Adhere numbers to outer vase with découpage. Adhere gems to vase with Gem-Tac. Place jar inside vase. Tie ribbon around vase top; secure with découpage. Adhere brad to bow.