Coffee Filter Storage Container
- Hofcraft Coffee Filter Box (WD11105L)
- Wooden items: repurposed candlestick; flat circle, 3” diameter
- Loew-Cornell La Corneille Golden Taklon Paintbrushes: Series 7300 Flat Shader, #4, 8, 12; Series 7050 Script Liner 18/0; Series 7020 Ultra Round #4
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Antique White, Buttermilk, Milk Chocolate, Soft Blue; Ice Crystal Glitter Glamour Dust; Duraclear Gloss Varnish
- Clear urethane glue
palette, container of water, paper towels, tracing paper, pencil, stylus, foam brush, black graphite paper, lined index card, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Print out full-size patterns.
- Basecoat lid, container, and candlestick Soft Blue. Basecoat wooden circle Milk Chocolate. Let dry.
- Transfer patterns, evenly spaced, around container using stylus and graphite paper.
- Paint cups and saucers Antique White. Shade cups and saucers with double-load of Antique White and Milk Chocolate using #4 shader. Highlight same areas with double-load of Antique White and Buttermilk using #4 shader.
- Paint coffee Milk Chocolate using liner; while still wet, soften with Buttermilk. Outline cups and saucers Milk Chocolate using liner. Paint coffee ripples Buttermilk using liner.
- Load Buttermilk on one side of #8 shader; stroke on “steam” on one side. Let dry; repeat for other side of steam.
- Highlight reflection line on cup and saucer edge Buttermilk using liner. Add Milk Chocolate to saucer edge using liner. Outline words Milk Chocolate using liner.
- Draw horizontal line on center of sides of lid using index card as ruler and pencil. Add vertical lines to create checkerboard. Paint checks Milk Chocolate and Buttermilk using #12 shader. Paint lid knob Milk Chocolate.
- Use pencil to divide candlestick into eight areas, with four sections on top and four sections on bottom. Beginning on top or bottom, keep sections 1, 4, and 7 Soft Blue. Paint sections 2 and 6 Milk Chocolate and sections 3 and 5 Antique White. Paint Milk Chocolate stripes on section 4. Add Buttermilk, Soft Blue, and Milk Chocolate dots on section 5 using stylus. Add Milk Chocolate and Antique White checkerboard pattern on sections 8 and 9 following painting process in Step 8. Let all dry.
- Adhere wooden circle to bottom of candlestick. Adhere bottom of container to top of candlestick. Let dry.
- Apply Ice Crystal glitter paint to coffee using foam brush. Let dry. Apply two coats of varnish to all surfaces using foam brush. Let dry.
- 1. To use surfaces other than wood, like a glass candlestick, prime the surface with spray auto primer first so acrylic paint will adhere.