Crocheted Americana Throw
- Red Heart Crème de la Crème, 2.5 oz. solids, 5 balls each: Rally Red (CA); White (CB); Navy (CC)
- Crochet hook, J-10 or size needed to obtain gauge
- Yarn needle
- 1. In shell pat panel = 4-1/2” across; 7
rows = 4”
- 1. After the first strip, all others are joined while working Edging Rnd 2. Arrange strips so that the top of Strip
A alternates with Strip B, from top to
How to Change Color: In dc:
- 1. Work to one st before required color change, yo and draw up a lp in next st, yo and draw lp through 2 lps, drop color in use; with next color to be used, yo and through 2 lps on hook - dc-color change made.
Strip A (Make 4):
- 1. With CA ch 14.
- 2. Row 1 (Right Side): Sc in 2nd ch from hook, [skip 2 ch; (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) all in next ch – shell made; skip 2 ch, sc in next ch] 2 times; turn.
- 3. Row 2: Ch 3, 2 dc in first sc, sc in next ch-2 sp, shell in next sc, sc in next ch-2 sp, 3 dc in last sc; turn.
- 4. Row 3: Ch 1, sc in first dc, shell in next sc, sc in next ch-2 sp, shell in next sc, sc in top of ch-3; turn.
- 5. Rows 4-5: Rep Rows 2 and 3.
- 6. Row 6: Rep Row 2, changing to CB in last dc. Fasten off CA.
- 7. Rows 7-12: With CB rep Rows 3 and 2, changing to CA in last dc.
- 8. Rep Rows 7-12 for pat, alternating colors as established (6 rows CA and 6
rows CB) 12 more times; change color
and rep Rows 3 and 2 twice, then rep
- 9. Next Row: Ch 3, [ hdc in next dc, sc in next dc, ch-2 sp and dc, hdc in next dc, dc in next sc] 2 times; turn.
- 10. Last Row: Ch 1, sc in each st across - 13 sc. Fasten off. Each strip = 15 color squares.
Strip B (Make 3):
- 1. Beginning with CB, work same as Strip A, reversing colors.
Strip Edging: Rnd 1:
- 1. With right side facing, attach CC to first st of last row, ch 1, (sc, ch 2, sc) all in same st, ** [ch 2, sk 2 sc, sc in next sc] 3 times, ch 2, sk
2 sc, (sc, ch 2, sc) in next sc for corner; working down left edge, * ch 1, sc over post of row end, ch 1, sc in end of next sc row; rep from * ending with ch 1, work corner; rep from ** once more; join with sl st in beg sc.
Strip Edging: Rnd 2:
- 1. Ch 1, sc in same st as joining, ** (sc, ch 3, sc) all in corner ch-2 sp, sc in sc [(sc, ch 3, sc) in next ch-2 sp, sc in next sc] 4 times; sc in next sc, (sc, ch 3, sc) in corner ch-2 sp, sc in next sc; skipping over sc, * (sc, ch 3, sc) in next ch-1 sp, sc in next ch-1 sp; rep from * across, ending (sc, ch 3, sc) in last ch-1 sp, sc in next sc; rep from ** around; join. Fasten off.
Second Strip Joining Rnd 2:
- 1. Work Rnd 1 as for First Strip. Begin Rnd 2 and work across top to corner; sc in corner, ch 1, sc in corresponding corner ch-3 sp of First Strip, ch 1, sc in same corner sp on Second Strip, sc in sc, * (sc, ch 1) in next ch-1 sp of Second Strip, sc in corresponding sp of First Strip, ch 1, sc in same sp on Second Strip, sc in next ch-1 sp of Second Strip **; rep from * to ** across to corner, sc in next sc. Complete as for Rnd 2 of First Strip.
(Note: Do not fasten off after last strip attached.)
Border Rnd 1:
- 1. Sl st to corner, ch 1, [(sc, ch 2) 3 times, sc] all in corner sp, * ch 1, (sc, ch 2, sc) in next sp; rep from * to corner, ch 1, [(sc, ch 2) 3 times, sc] all in corner sp; rep from * around.
Border Rnd 2:
- 1. * Sl st to ch-2 sp, (ch 3, 2 dc) all in same 3 sp; rep from * around; join to beg sl st. Weave in ends.
Crocheted Americana Throw