Craft & Hobby Assn (CHA) Hot Trends for 2014
- 1. Feathers are a current design trend and these pretty ones from Bella Blvd. make light, bright embellishments.
- 2. Sequins, such as these from Doodlebug Designs, add sparkle but not weight.
- 3. Chalk is still a hot design option, whether it’s in paper, stamps or tape, such as this tape from American Crafts’ DIY line.
- 4. Avery Elle’s fast-drying pigment inks come in rich colors.
- 5. Convention attendees created “Banners of Hope,” fabric pennants that will be donated to hospitals, shelters, etc.
- 6. Clearsnap introduced new inks in pads and bottles and the new self-contained Colorbox Blends, a self-contained inking tool.
- 7. Ranger’s Distress Inks in mini versions.
- 8. Sizzix’s eClips2 has several improved features and is faster and quieter.
- 9. Brother’s ScanNCut offers several design cutting options.
- 10. Flower-making is a snap with We R Memory Keepers’ Flower Punch, a welcome addition to the box and envelope punches.
- 11. Heidi Swapp’s Glitter Frames will brighten up any card or photo.
- 12. Imagine Crafts’ fine-tipped Pico Embellisher draws a thin line of ink.
- 13. Color easily with Imagine Crafts daubers, sponges, misters and more.
- 14. Color your world with inks and more from Imagine Crafts, Ranger, and Hero Arts.
- 15. Corrugated tape from Little B.
- 16. Little B’s dies come in their own storage folders.
- 17. The Perfect Positioner from Little B keeps thin dies from moving around during cutting.
- 18. Making tassels and pom-poms couldn’t be easier with these tools from Patti Wack.
- 19. Plaid’s Mod Melter has a unique shape and trigger to make hot melt projects easier.
- 20. A few of Ranger’s latest coloring tools.
- 21. Spellbinders’ new Tool n’ One has several options, including a brush to poke out those pesky shards left inside die cuts.
- 22. A few new offerings from Hero Arts, Stampendous!, and Close to My Heart.
- 23. New embossing folders from Tim Holtz include ShadowPress, which give a letterpress-like look, while this butterfly comes with a matching die.