Luxe Towel Set
- Brown towel set
- Blue Floral Cotton Print Fresh-aire fabric by BJ Lantz (Studio E Fabrics)
- 11/0 Seed Beads (Mill Hill): Cream, 5 pkgs.; Copper, 1 pkg.
- Lt. Avocado Green (#470) 6-strand Embroidery Floss (DMC)
- Light Brown Silamide (YLI), Size A
- Traditional Batting (Fairfield Processing)
- Sewing thread: light blue; brown
- Crewel needle (size 8) or chenille needle (size 28)
- Straight pins
- Iron and ironing board
- Cut a strip of Traditional Batting the width and length of the strip of decorative trim on each towel/washcloth. The batting will need to fit between the terry cloth of the towel in the “ditch” area. Do not cover the fabric seam along the edge of the towel. Press fabric. Cut a strip of fabric to match the length of each of the batting strips plus 1/2”. Cut strip of fabric 5” wide for bath towel, 4” wide for hand towel and 3”-wide for wash cloth.
- Use brown sewing thread to tack strip of batting over decorative trim on hand towel. (Batting should fill the area so batting is level with terry fabric.) If it is necessary to use a second strip of batting, baste two strips together before tacking batting to towel.
- Turn a 1/2” seam allowance to backside on all four sides of each strip and press in place.
- Use the brown Silamide and bead attachment stitch (Fig. 1) to randomly place a few of the copper beads in the center of the small flowers.
- Place fabric strip over batting and pin fabric strip to front side of towel. Baste in place. Use blue sewing thread to tack left and right edges in place on towel, being sure stitches do not show on backside.
- Use two strands of floss with three Cream seed beads and beaded blanket stitch (Fig. 2) to secure top and bottom edges of fabric strip. When working beaded blanket stitch, catch the bottom of the fabric with your downward stitch to hold fabric in place. Remove basting threads.
- Repeat Steps 2-6 for remaining towels.
Luxe Towel Set