Hoop Art Baby Announcement
- Wooden embroidery hoop, 6” diameter
- Cotton print fabric, scraps
- Natural canvas, 1/4 yd.
- Kreinik 005 Black #16 Medium Braid
- Black embroidery floss
- Acrylic rhinestones, 9mm, five
- Sewing machine and black thread
- Needles: embroidery, sewing
- DecoArt Americana Cadmium Yellow Acrylic Paint
- Adhesives: Beacon Adhesives Premium Tacky Glue, fusible webbing
paintbrush, scissors, iron and pressing surface, fabric marking pen, newspaper (to cover work surface), ruler, pencil
- Take wooden embroidery hoop apart. On covered work surface, paint both pieces Cadmium Yellow. Let dry.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to fuse webbing to fabric scraps. Cut out five 1” triangles (pennants). Cut canvas to 9” square.
- Fuse pennants to center of canvas. Machine-sew pennants along top of canvas using straight stitch.
- Cut 8” length of metallic braid. Attach braid along top of pennants using black thread and couching stitch. Knot and clip thread ends.
- Use fabric marker to write birth date and baby’s name on canvas as shown. Thread embroidery needle with three strands of black embroidery floss; backstitch birth date and name. Knot and clip thread ends.
- Insert canvas into embroidery hoop; apply tacky glue along inside of hoop to help secure canvas. Let dry. Adhere rhinestone on center of each pennant. Let dry.