Giraffe Baby Rattles
- Cotton fabric, 1/4 yd.
- Fairfield Poly-fil Fiberfill Stuffing
- Small plastic container with beads
- Ribbon, 3/8”
- Sewing machine and matching thread
straight pins, ruler, scissors, iron and pressing surface, sewing needle
- Print out full-size pattern. Cut two giraffe shapes from folded piece of fabric.
- Position shapes with right sides together. Machine-sew along edges using 1/2” seam allowance, leaving 3” opening at top of head.
- Steam seams open with iron. Turn right side out through opening.
- Insert small amount of fiberfill stuffing into sewn giraffe; push stuffing into bottom of fabric. Wrap container with beads with fiberfill; insert into bottom section. Continue stuffing rattle until firm.
- Pin two folded ribbon lengths on one side of top opening (for ears). Hand-sew ribbon lengths to inside edge of rattle. Whipstitch opening closed around ears. Knot and clip thread ends.
- 1. It is important to omit any added embellishments, like buttons, felt, or small hard pieces as they could be choking hazards for baby.