Jungle Babies Hanger Trio
- Craine Cutouts Baby Hangers, 9”x3”, three (MIS110051)
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Bahama Blue, Banana Cream, Bittersweet Chocolate, Bleached Sand, Butterscotch, Cocoa, Dark Chocolate, Foliage Green, Gooseberry Pink, Hauser Medium Green, Khaki Tan, Milk Chocolate, Orange Twist, Snow (Titanium) White, Slate Gray, Spa Blue, Toffee, Desert Turquoise, Zinc; Multi-Purpose Sealer, Matte Acrylic Sealer/Finisher
- FM Dynasty Black Gold Paintbrushes: Series 206L Liner 10/0; Series 206S Shader #2, 4, 8; Series 206A Angular Shader 1/4”, 3/8”, 1/2”; Series 206R Round #1, 3; Series 206FW Flat Wash 1”; Decorator Series 27671 Dry Brush #4
- Krylon Workable Fixative
stylus, graphite paper, fine sandpaper, soft cloth, newspaper (to cover work surface), paint palette, paper towel, screwdriver, eraser
- Seal hangers using flat wash. Let dry. Lightly sand and remove dust with soft cloth. Basecoat hangers Snow White until opaque. Let dry.
- Print out full-size patterns. Transfer circle patterns onto center of each hanger. Basecoat area inside circle Spa Blue using #8 shader; let dry. Float shading near edges Bahama Blue using 1/2” angular shader; let dry. Float Desert Turquoise to deepen shading near edges; let dry. Transfer animals inside circles, omitting details for now.
- Basecoat remaining area on zebra hanger Bleached Sand, giraffe hanger Banana Cream + touch of Milk Chocolate, and chimp hanger Cocoa + touch of Toffee. Let dry. Erase graphite lines; spray light coat of Workable Fixative to protect background.
- For zebra hanger, paint stripes on circle frame Butterscotch using #2 shader. Basecoat face, snout, inside ears, and neck Bleached Sand using shaders. Basecoat outer ears, mane, hooves, and all stripes Bittersweet Chocolate using round brushes. Float shading around outside of circle frame, inside ears, around face and snout, and on neck Khaki Tan using appropriate-size angular shader. Float highlight on mane, hooves, and outer ears Slate Gray. Drybrush stripes on head Snow White using #1 round. Let dry.
- For giraffe hanger, basecoat stripes on circle frame Foliage Green + touch of Snow White using #2 shader. Basecoat outer ears, face, snout, and neck Banana Cream + touch of Milk Chocolate using appropriate-size shader. Basecoat inner ears Bleached Sand. Float shading on face, snout, neck, and inner ears Milk Chocolate using 1/4” angular shader. Basecoat mane, antlers, and hooves Dark Chocolate. Float highlights Toffee + touch of Bleached Sand. Basecoat all spots Butterscotch + touch of Milk Chocolate + touch of Orange Twist; float shading on spots Milk Chocolate.
- For chimp hanger, paint stripes on circle frame Banana Cream using #2 shader. Basecoat lighter areas of face and ears Toffee using appropriate-size shader. Float shading Cocoa and highlights Bleached Sand using 1/4” angular shader. Basecoat face, neck, paws, and dark areas of ears Cocoa. Float shading Dark Chocolate and highlights Toffee. Basecoat banana peel Banana Cream using #1 round; float shading Milk Chocolate. Paint details on banana using thinned Milk Chocolate and liner. Basecoat banana leaves Foliage Green + touch of Snow White using appropriate-size round. Float Hauser Medium Green shading on leaves using 1/4” angular shader; float highlights Banana Cream. Add details on leaves using thinned Hauser Medium Green and liner.
- Transfer facial details. Load #4 dry brush with (2:1) mixture of Snow White + Gooseberry Pink; offload moisture on paper towel and drybrush cheeks. Float mixture inside ears. Basecoat eyes Snow White using #1 round until opaque. Float shading at bottom of eyes thinned Slate Grey using 1/4” angular shader. For zebra, outline eyes and paint pupils and nostrils Bittersweet Chocolate; paint eyebrows and mouth Bittersweet Chocolate using liner. For giraffe and chimp, outline eyes and giraffe spots and paint pupils and nostrils Dark Chocolate; paint eyebrows and mouth thinned Dark Chocolate using liner. Add highlights on pupils Snow White using liner. Let dry.
- Erase remaining graphite lines. Spray hangers with sealer/finisher. Attach metal hangers.