Country Chic & Vintage Glittered
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Eggs: 3”, three; 4”, two
- White/yellow cotton fabric, three coordinating prints, 1/4”-wide strips
- Fabric floral embellishments, three
- Straight pins: ball head, three; white pearl, two
- Papers: cream cardstock, recycled book page, crepe paper
- Buttons, two
- Ribbon: decorative, 16” length; white satin, 24” length; cream, 2 yds.
- Lace, 1”-wide, 18” length
- Rotary cutter and mat
- Sewing needle and thread
- Fine glitter: silver, gold
- Adhesives: Plaid Mod Podge, white craft glue, glitter glue
ruler, scissors, foam paintbrush, wooden skewer, pencil, scissors, pinking shears
- 1. Cut fabric into 1/4”-wide strips.
- 2. Insert wooden skewer into 3” egg to use as handle. Apply Mod Podge evenly on egg. Wind fabric strips around egg in random directions, covering egg completely. Apply coat of Mod Podge to seal. Let dry.
- 3. Wrap cream ribbon around egg; tie into bow. Spot glue bow and ribbon with craft glue. Pin flower to center of bow using ball head pin.
- 4. Repeat process to create two additional eggs.
- 1. Insert wooden skewer into 4” egg to use as handle. Apply thin layer of Mod Podge on egg. Sprinkle silver glitter on egg, covering all areas. Gently shake off excess. Let set.
- 2. Trace 2” circle on book page; cut out using pinking shears. Adhere circle on cream cardstock; cut out using pinking shears.
- 3. Fold 12” length of crepe paper in half; trim ends using pinking shears. Hand-sew along folded edge using needle and thread; gather thread ends creating rosette. Adhere rosette on cardstock circle. Adhere button on center of rosette.
- 4. Adhere lace around center of egg; trim ends. Adhere rosette on lace on center of egg. Apply glitter glue on edges of rosette.
- 5. Cut 8” length of decorative ribbon (hanger); fold in half. Spot glue pearl pin; insert through ribbon and into top of egg. Cut 12” satin ribbon length; tie into bow. Adhere bow on egg.
- 6. Repeat process to create additional hanging egg using gold glitter and adhering lace lengthwise.