Trash to Treasure: Stencilled Mirror
- Old wooden cabinet door or wooden
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Buttermilk, Yellow Ochre, Camel, Honey Brown, Reindeer Moss Green, Lamp Black, Antique Gold, Raw Sienna, Violet Haze, Moon Yellow, Hauser Lt. Green, Evergreen
- Stencils: Wild Animal Print, Zebra Print, Animal Print, Giraffe Print, Girly’s Scatter Pattern
- Assorted glass knobs, five
- Paintbrushes: assorted stencil; wash, 1-1/2”; foam
- Spray Sealer
- Wood putty
- Tack cloth
- E6000 Industrial-Strength Adhesive
- Electric drill
- Remove center panel, hinges and handle from cabinet door. Fill hinge and
handle holes with putty; let dry. Drill
holes for desired knob placement. Sand
door and wipe dust. Apply sealer. Sand,
wipe dust and reapply sealer.
- Mask off and basecoat corners Reindeer Moss Green. Remove tape and let dry. Mask off and basecoat: left side Yellow Ochre; bottom Camel; right side Honey Brown; top Buttermilk.
- Note: To stencil, use stencil adhesive to anchor stencil to surface. Tap brush tip in paint and swirl on paper towel to load evenly, using as little paint as possible. Swirl lightly on stencil, then swirl over cut openings.
- When dry, glue mirror to door back and screw knobs into holes.
Using stencils and overlays, stencil:
- 1. Corners (Girly’s Scatter Pattern): flowers Violet Haze; leaves Hauser Lt. Green and Evergreen
- 2. Left Side (Animal Print): Camel, Honey
Brown and Lamp Black
- 3. Bottom (Giraffe Print): Camel and Burnt
- 4. Right Side (Wild Animal Print): Lamp
- 5. Top (Zebra Print): Lamp Black
- 1. Reuse stencils and paints for coordinating furniture and home décor accents. Animal prints look great on tables, chairs and more!