Glitter Bird Trio
- Heavyweight patterned paper, two
- Coordinating feather, 4” long
- Silver wire, 20-gauge: 3” lengths, two; 6” length
- White pearl beads, 6mm, two
- Silver snap, 1/4”
- Iridescent ultra-fine glitter
- Blue ink pad
- Scallop-edge scissors
- Adhesives: Memory Glue; Original Tacky Glue Brush-on
- Round-nose pliers
- Circle punch, 1/16”
- Print and cut out patterns. Cut bird from paper. Glue 1/2” of bottom of feather to back of tail. To make bird double-sided, glue bird to another piece of paper with right sides facing out and align straight end of tail
with straight edge of paper. Cut paper
backing along edge of bird shape. Use
craft knife to cut slit along wing line,
and to punch 1/16” holes as indicated
- Cut wing from different paper, using scallop-edge scissors along rounded edge. Fold wing in half along dotted line indicated on pattern. Insert wing through slit with straight edge facing up.
- Antique bird and wing edges blue. Brush glue along edges, then quickly sprinkle with glitters. Shake off excess glitter.
- Attach snap through eye hole. Insert 6” wire length through hole above wing and wrap end back around wire to secure. Bend top of wire into hanger loop. Insert 3” wire lengths through hole below wing and wrap ends back around wire to secure. Place pearl beads on wire ends. Bend wire ends into loops to secure.