Luxe Spiral Leg Warmers
- Simply Soft Heather Yarn, in color of choice
- Double-pointed knitting needles, size 6
- Yarn needle
- Stitch marker
- Optional: Row counter
- 1. Gauge is 18 sts and 24 rows = 4” (Gauge is notcritical for this project; stitch pattern is flexible and will fit a variety of sizes.)
Stitches: Twisted 1x1 Rib (multiple of 2 sts)
- 1. Rnd 1: * K1-tbl, p1; repeat from * around.
- 2. Rnd 2: Knit the knit sts through the back loop (k1-tbl) and purl the purl sts as they face you. Repeat Row 2 for Twisted 1x1 rib.
Stitches: Spiral Stitch (multiple of 12 sts)
- 1. Rnd 1: * P3, yo, k4, k2tog, k3; repeat from * around.
- 2. Rnd 2: * P3, k1, yo, k4, k2tog, k2; repeat from * around.
- 3. Rnd 3: * P3, k2, yo, k4, k2tog, k1; repeat from * around.
- 4. Rnd 4: * P3, k3, yo, k4, k2tog; repeat from * around.
- 5. Repeat Rows 1-4 for Spiral st.
- 1. To work a larger pair of legwarmers, use size 7 needles and work to 15”, or desired length before working decrease rows. Place a marker (pm) at beginning of round to keep track of Spiral st pattern rows.
Leg Warmers (make two)
- 1. Beginning at upper edge, loosely cast on
48 sts, divide sts evenly on four needles. (Note: If set of double-pointed needles has four needles, divide evenly on three needles.) Pm for beginning of round; join, being careful not to twist sts.
- 2. Begin Twisted 1x1 rib; work even for 7
- 3. Change to Spiral st; work even until
piece measures 12” from beginning, end
with Rnd 4 of pattern.
- 1. First Decrease Rnd (Round 1 of pattern): *P2tog, p1, yo, k4, k2tog, k3;
repeat from * around 44 sts remain.
Work even for 3 rounds, maintaining
pattern as established, (p2 at the
beginning of each repeat).
- 2. Second Decrease Rnd: * P2tog, yo, k4,
k2tog, k3; repeat from * around 40 sts
- 3. Work even for 3 rounds, maintaining
pattern as established.
- 4. Change to Twisted 1x1 rib; work even
for 7 rows.
- 5. Bind off all sts loosely in pattern. Use
yarn needle to weave in ends.
Luxe Spiral Legwarmers