- Ivory cardstock
- Ribbon: orange dot; cream/black check
- Black plastic cording
- Rubber stamps: Geisha from Oriental 2 plate; Script Text from ATC plate
- Ink pads: Jet Black StazOn; brown chalk
- Metallic Rub-Ons pigments: Sunburst; Russet; White Sparkle
- Blender pen
- Plastic wrap
- Refer to “Masking How-To” to stamp images onto cardstock. Cut cardstock to 2-1/4”x6-1/2” around image, leaving mask in place. Trim top corners to create tag.
- Use crumpled piece of plastic wrap to dab cardstock with brown chalk ink,
- Remove mask and color in image using
blender pen and rub-on pigments; use photo as guide. Apply pigments randomly to background, as well.
- Cut and adhere short length of orange ribbon to top of bookmark for tab.
- Cut 7” length from check ribbon and tie around bottom of bookmark. Tie plastic cording around ribbon and add beads;
knot cording to secure.
- 1. Challenge yourself to create a bookmark for every book you gift to someone this year.
- 2. Affix bookmark to plain card front using temporary adhesive; instruct recipient to remove and use it.
- 1. Stamp desired foreground image (here, Geisha) onto cardstock.
- 2. Stamp identical image onto 3M Post-it note, predominately over adhesive-backed area; scrap paper may also be used along with removable adhesive.
- 3. Carefully cut out second image, the mask, right on perimeter or just inside it; align and adhere mask over first image.
- 4. Stamp background image (here, script text) onto cardstock, right over mask.