Scarecrow Candy Pot
- Clay pots, 4”, two
- Wooden shapes: medium rectangles, two; craft spoons, two; medium circle; large teardrop
- Tan burlap, 3”x15”
- Blue cotton fabric, 1-1/2”x14”
- Yellow silk sunflower, 2-1/4”
- Blue button, 1/4”
- Jute twine: 20” and 24” lengths
- Wiggle eyes, two
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Camel, Cashmere Beige, Cherry Red, Country Red, Williamsburg Blue
- Red chalk
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
black marker with fine and bold tip, sponge scrap, scissors, ruler, paper towels, sandpaper, masking tape, paintbrushes, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Print out patterns. Cut out patterns. For arms, cut 1/2” from tops of craft spoons. Measure and cut teardrop (nose) to 1-1/4”. Lightly sand.
- On covered work surface, paint one clay pot (face), circle, and hands Camel. For body, turn second pot upside down. Paint bottom 2-1/2” Williamsburg Blue (pants) and top Cherry Red (shirt). Let dry.
- Paint arms and rectangles (sleeve cuffs) Cherry Red and nose Country Red. Let dry. Paint 1/2” square patch on leg Cashmere Beige.
- Use black marker to outline patch, hands, cuffs, and nose. Draw stitch lines.
- Transfer face onto pot. Adhere nose and eyes on face. Lightly dab sponge scrap with red chalk. Rub chalk on cheeks in circular motion. Use marker to draw smile and stitch lines.
- For shirt, use marker to draw thick and thin wavy lines, horizontally and vertically, around body. Repeat pattern on arms. Draw line on body separating legs.
- Adhere raffia scraps to backs of cuffs and cuffs onto hands. Tie 20” length of jute around waist. Adhere button onto shirt and arms onto sides.
- Generously adhere head onto body. Let dry.
- Wrap blue fabric around neck and knot on side. For hair, measure and cut 5” raffia lengths. Adhere raffia onto head.
- For hat, adhere burlap onto rim, covering raffia ends. Fold burlap and fringe ends.
- Tie 24” length of jute around hat and knot on side. Adhere sunflower onto knot. Adhere circle inside pot to cover hole.
- 1. When cutting wooden items, adhere masking tape behind cutting line. Use scissors to cut on line and then remove tape.