Mitten & Snowball Garland
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Balls, 2”, six
- Red toddler-size mittens, three pairs
- Chenille stems, six
- Wooden clothespins, eight
- Green metallic ribbon, 3/8”-wide, 1-1/2 yds.
- Snowflake sequins, 1”, six
- Buttons, 1/4” diameter, six
- iLoveToCreate.com Duncan No-Fire Snow
- Adhesives: double-sided tape, glue gun and sticks
scissors, white paper, serrated knife, wax candle, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Insert chenille stem into finger section of each mitten to hold shape.
- Run knife over wax candle to make cutting foam easier. Slice 1/4” from back of each foam ball, leaving flat surface.
- On covered work surface, apply No-Fire Snow to each ball, covering rounded surface completely. Do not paint flat side. Let dry.
- Secure flat side of each snowball to palm of each mitten using double-sided tape. Manipulate pipe cleaner inside to keep mitten cupped around snowball.
- Adhere button to each snowflake sequin using glue gun. Adhere snowflakes to each mitten cuff using glue gun.
- Starting 12” from ends of ribbon, hang mittens in pairs using clothespins.
- Cut two snowflakes from white paper. Hang snowflakes between mitten pairs using clothespins.
- 1. Substitute white paint for textured snow paint.