Penguins Noel Décor
- Delft Blue Pale 18-Count Aida Cloth (DMC), 6”x9”
- 6-strand Embroidery, Satin and Light Effects Floss in colors
listed on chart (DMC)
- Batting-covered adhesive mounting board, 3-1/2”x6-1/2”
- Double-sided adhesive-backed mounting board, 3-1/2”x6-1/2”
- Backing fabric, 6”x9”
- White satin ribbon, 1/4”-wide, 1/4 yd.
- Aqua braided cording, 3/4 yd.
- Tapestry needle (DMC), #24
- Fabric glue
- Fold Aida cloth in half and in half again opposite way to find center. Mark center with contrasting thread.
- Using two strands of floss, Satin Floss or Light Effects, cross-stitch design centered on Aida cloth.
- Use one strand E334 to backstitch snowflakes. Use one strand 310 to backstitch and French knot penguins.
- Mount stitching centered on batting-covered mounting board, folding corners first, then sides, securing edges of fabric to adhesive side of board. Repeat for backing fabric on double-sided adhesive mounting board.
- Beginning at bottom center, glue cord around perimeter.
- Fold ribbon in half to form loop. Glue to top center of ornament at back.