Elegant Snowflake Stocking
- Red velvet, 1/2 yd.
- Lining fabric, 1/2 yd.
- White faux fur, 4”x16”
- White satin ribbon, 1/8”-wide, 6’
- Round pearls: 8mm; 6mm, four; 4mm, 16
- Needles: chenille; beading
- Sewing machine and white thread
- Iron and pressing board
- Print and cut out pattern. Fold fabric and cut two Stocking pieces each from velvet and lining.
- Transfer snowflake pattern onto wrong side of velvet stocking front. (Note: When copying pattern, make sure marks do not transfer onto white ribbon as it is pulled through fabric.)
- Cut four 16” lengths from ribbon. Following template, use chenille needle
to embroider snowflake, making sure ribbon is flat on front of stocking.
- Attach large pearl in center and medium and small pearls as indicated on template.
- With right sides together, sew front and back stocking pieces together, using a 1/2” seam allowance and leaving top edges open. Trim seams. Repeat with
lining, using a 5/8” seam allowance. Turn velvet stocking right side out.
- Fold right sides of fur together, and sew 1/2” seam on short end forming a tube. Place tub in stocking so wrong sides overlap by 3/4”. Sew 3/8” from edge of stocking.
- With stocking lining, iron 1/2” to wrong side along top. Keeping fur in place, insert lining in stocking so wrong sides are together matching side seams. Cut a 5” ribbon length and fold in half. Insert cut ribbon ends 1/2” between lining and fur on heel side of stocking for hanger. Top stitch lining onto stocking. Fold fur cuff down.