Santa Pocket Ornament
- Winter White 25-Count Evenweave (#3865) (DMC), 7”x7”
- 6-strand Embroidery, Satin and Light Effects Floss in colors
listed on chart (DMC)
- #4 Very Fine Braid (Kreinik Manufacturing)
- Iron-on interfacing, 7”x7”
- Coordinating fabric: 6”x6”; 6”x12”
- Ecru braided cord, 3/8 yd.
- Tapestry needle (DMC), #24
- Sewing needle and thread
- Fold Aida cloth in half and in half
again opposite way to find center.
Mark center with contrasting thread.
- Using two strands of floss, Satin Floss or Light Effects, and one strand braid, cross stitch design centered on one piece of evenweave.
- Backstitch design with one strand 310.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to apply iron-on interfacing to wrong side of stitching; trim to 6”x6”.
- With right sides together, sew front to 6”x6” fabric along sides and bottom edges to form pocket. Turn right side out. Press raw top edge under 1/4”.
- Tack ends of braid over seams at top edge.
- Fold lining in half, right sides together. Sew along side edges. Press raw edge under 1/4”.
- Insert lining into pocket, wrong sides together. Tack lining to pocket around top edge.