Holiday Food Pails
- Copper pail, 4-1/2” tall
- Wool Felt (National Nonwovens): Camel; Brown Sugar; Cottage Red; Oatmeal; Butter Cream; Moss
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss (DMC):
Ecru; Dk. Coffee Brown (801); Dk. Green Gray (3051); Garnet (816)
- Gingham ribbon, 1 yd.
- Beige cardstock
- Artificial berries
- Brads, two: jeweled; white
- Lite Steam-A-Seam (The Warm Co.)
- Embroidery needle
- Hole punch
- Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
- Computer and printer
- Iron and pressing board
- Cut 4-1/2” oval from Camel and Oatmeal felt. Follow manufacturer’s
instructions to fuse felt to webbing.
Print and cut out patterns. Cut patterns from fused felt. For angel’s halo, cut 1/4”x1-1/2” rectangle from
Butter Cream felt. Use photo as guide
to arrange gingerbread and angel on
- Use three strands of Ecru floss to blanket stitch edges of gingerbread,
angel and heart. Use Dk. Brown floss to
blanket stitch edge of camel oval, Dk.
Green Gray floss to blanket stitch edge
of angel wings and halo and Garnet
floss to blanket stitch edge of heart.
- Attach jeweled brads for angel’s eyes and white brads for gingerbread man’s eyes. Cut 8-1/2” length from ribbon and tie bow. Glue bow to angel or gingerbread man. When dry, insert two
berry sprigs through bow loop and glue
to secure. Cut 12” ribbon length and
glue to back of oval. Glue oval to front
of pail and tie ribbon ends in back.
- Print recipe instructions on cardstock;
trim to tag shape and punch hole at top. Cut 10” ribbon length. Thread
ribbon through hole and tie bow around