Hanukkah Table Centerpiece
- FloraCraft Make It: Fun project featuring Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Block, 1-15/16”x3-7/8”x11-7/8”
- Wooden dowels, 1/4" diameter, two
- Print paper: textured silver, royal blue shimmer
- Silver floral bursts, 24” long, two
- Clear gems, 1”, 25
- FloraCraft: Design It: Wire Cutter, Make It: Fun Foam Cutter
- Elmer’s X-ACTO Tools: 9” Guillotine Trimmer, Curve Craft Knife with Z Series #11 Blades, 12”x12” Self-Healing Cutting Mat, 12” Metal Ruler
- Hampton Art: 7gypsies Birdsong Stamp Set, Clear Expressions Acrylic Block
- Design Master ColorTool Spray Paints: Metallic Brilliant Silver, Silver Glitter Spray
- Clearsnap Top Boss Watermark Ink
- Embossing powder: metallic silver, royal blue tinsel
- Heat embossing tool
- Adhesives: Elmer’s CraftBond All Purpose Glue Stick, glue gun and sticks
sandpaper, pencil, copy paper, large cardboard box, pencil, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Print and cut out pattern.
- Trace pattern on silver paper three times. Cut out stars using craft knife and cutting mat.
- Place single cutout star on copy paper; stamp swirls over star. Move star to clean sheet of copy paper; sprinkle with blue embossing powder. Shake off excess; set with heat tool. Repeat with two remaining stars.
- Cut one dowel in half using Wire Cutter. Sand cut edge smooth. In well-ventilated area, newspaper-covered area, spray all three dowel pieces Brilliant Silver. Spray paper stars Silver Glitter. Let dry.
- Trim 3” off longest end of foam block using Foam Cutter so blocks measures 2”x4”x9”. Cut blue shimmer paper to 9”x12” using Guillotine Trimmer. Tightly wrap paper around block, with ends meeting on bottom center. To decorate top with silver swirls, mark desired location lightly with pencil. (Note: Stamp no more than 1” of block front to leave room for dowels and floral bursts.) Remove paper and finger-press fold lines.
- Stamp two swirls on top, end to end. Sprinkle with silver embossing powder. Shake off excess; set with heat tool. Let cool. Adhere blue paper to block, wrapping around edges and sealing seam on bottom using glue stick.
- Cut two pieces of blue shimmer paper measuring 2”x4”. Adhere strips to block ends using glue stick.
- Adhere stars to ends of dowels using glue gun. Measure and mark insertion points for dowels and floral bursts on block. Cut “x” on each mark using craft knife. Spot glue dowel ends with hot glue; insert into block.
- Remove stems from floral bursts using Wire Cutter. Spot glue end of floral bursts with hot glue; insert into block.
- Scatter gems around centerpiece as desired.
- 1. When spraying dowels and stars, use a large cardboard box in well-ventilated area.